Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A rendezvous with......

I am happy but don't know why...but I have a reason...Reason for what..? A reason, which made me bunk my office session :). Bunked without even informing to my supervisor. What if he rejects my request? I know he won't but still I didn't want to take a chance..I may not get this offer again in my life...so ended up slipping out of my office 'illegitimately' in spite of the hectic work..

So was it so important? Was it worth bunking..? Yes of course, it was, at least for me. I could have said it will never happen in my life until today... So where the hell had I been after bunking which later turned out to be a productive one? I have seen APJ Abdul Kalam in subfusc from a stone's throw away distance and that too for one hour!!!

He had come to NTU to receive a Honorary degree, Doctor of Engineering( Honoris causa ). I was excited to see The former President. My excitement grew in strength after seeing him and the packed Nanyang Auditorium. The whole auditorium(1500 capacity) was full with not even a seat to spare and lucky me, found myself a place in a first few rows(thanks for the pre-registration :) ). People who didn't, ended up having a virtual view of the proceedings outside the Theatre.

The roaring claps defined the popularity he still has among Indians. But two things disappointed me.One, I expected him to give an impromptu speech. Two, I couldn't get a glimpse of his famous hairstyle:( ( his hood playing the spoilsport)...Long live 'The Missile Man of India'......

No comments: