Friday, August 15, 2008

****Happy Birthday India****

Let me start from the bottom Line...Happy Birthday India and I am proud to be an Indian..I don't remember when was the last time (minus today at the India Embassy )my lips synced to my national anthem. I feel so penitent for that. But the brighter side is that the national anthem is still in my cache memory..I remember the words of my Java Prof(Mr.VenuMadhav) back in my undergrad,"Don't Consider I-day just as a holiday". At that time I didn't give a second thought. Never attended an I-day celebration during my undergrad. Shame on myself...I am happy that at least now I could take my time out for the celebrations..

Had been to Indian High Commission today..The event started with The President's speech read by the High Commissioner followed by the flag hoist by the same and then some cultural activities. Sung the national anthem with a crust of pride filled with a trough of remorsefulness(for the same reason mentioned). The performance given by the artists was truly mind boggling..showcasing the true, rich, traditional Indian Culture..Even the roaring wave of applauds turned out to be an understatement. I wish I can attend each and every I-celebrations no matter where I am.

And I want to end the note by congratulating Bindra for his and Her maiden individual gold in Olympics. No regrets even if we end up wining only one gold. Remember "Rome was not built in one day"...Miracles doesn't happen overnight...It takes over years.. Congrats Paes-Mahesh, Saina, Akhil for the quarter finals appearance.

May all the blessings shower on 61 year old baby....

Jai Hind!!!

No comments: