Sunday, December 21, 2008

Its Wi(e)red

Today I spoke to my childhood friend(over the phone )after really long long time...He used to be my best friend back in my school days...Over the years I lost touch with him..I think it was not inadvertant for various reasons..He being little reticent by nature put the total onus on me to continue the conversation and me not known for my telephonic skills found it so hard to keep the ball rolling.. 

After putting down the phone I really didn't feel happy that I talked to an old friend. It was just a casual talk and stuff about how-life-is-treating-you type..I wonder how a face to face conversation with him will be when I couldn't say anything over the phone..

I don't put the blame on the time gap or the distance factor. Its just we don't share the same interests now as we used to during our school days...The maturity level has had its draconian effects..The roads has diverged and so are the feelings..The silver lining is I am very much comfortable in talking to my other childhood buddies..

The same goes to my inter friends and even my engineering friends though they just left me few years back...So I guess it depends on the person and not the time lag...

P.S: I don't believe that any relation can change overnight(due to distance or time factor)unless you deliberately do that..

No comments: