Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A jaunt to Malacca

Finally after five months and with lots of yes-no-yes kind of thoughts the drought is over. Got a break from my not so monotonous schedule. I definitely would have liked to take a break but part of me was holding me back and telling me not to fall for it. Two things added fuel to the fire.

1.      It will a short trip.

2.    I don’t want a country stamp on my passport which I already have.

But eventually the ‘Do’ won the battle over the 'don’t' for obvious reasons and wasn’t I happy with the result….? Yeah a jaunt with friends will always be fun-filled.

If you had asked me about Malacca I would have been more blank than a freshly scrubbed slate. Only thing I had known was it’s a tourist hot spot and was a European colony. So I wasn’t expecting too much from the trip. And it turned out to be far from good and good from far (at least the places what I had seen)

The best part of the trip was food. Yet again sea food delighted my taste buds. God, I started loving sea food. I had become more carnivorous this time by having fish, prawns, crab, squid, shark (had shark fin soup), Chinese & Malay delicacies.

The positive part- After a long time saw the real rustic places and of course, not to forget the food

The negative part- My journey time outlasted my stay time at Malacca.

G

2 comments:

NIHA said...

u talking abt sea food always reminds me of that giant live lobster that the waiter got to our table in Goa :)

Girish said...

haha even I didn't forget tat..whenever I see a lobster that incident flashes..It was a huge monster..