Saturday, February 21, 2009

Self-ish

Okay the other day I was seeing this episode of Friends where Joey says there is no act which can be done without being selfish. From that minute my pondering began and I ended up being Phoebe.

I always crib saying people were unfair to me. Saying they were(are) selfish. Rubbing salt on my wounds they proclaim to be the proud owner of this adjective. It doesn't prick me but hurts...Even a high-dose morphine would falter before this. Hurts till I get used to the fact...Later it becomes part of me.

Yeah I don't expect people to be altruistic. But damn why cant my excruciation enlighten someone;Enlighten their blackened hardened heart...

On the flip side what rights do I have to crib when I myself is responsible for someones disaster...Didn't I do that...?Wasn't I selfish at that time...?Where is all that altruistic thing go...Damn me!!

Sometimes my mind wants to follow what my heart wishes were true...Unfortunately can't...My mind is selfish..


2 comments:

NIHA said...

yeah u r right...we all are selfish...but some ppl are more selfish than the others...I guess that makes all the difference :)

Girish said...

Ya true Indeed..