Saturday, July 19, 2008

My tryst with Gooooogle

Its stupefying to see my dependence on Google increasing exponentially day by day...Initially I used to use only when I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage..I don't even remember when we fell in love or to be precise I fell in love with Google, which later turned into a one side marriage..ha ha one side marriage appears funny, right..?Its a one side marriage because I trust in all the crap data she provides. Never I had a second thought to verify the authenticity..I never felt deluded..

There is not even a single day I spend without meeting her. The moment I open my browser I can see her smiling colourfully like the genie coming out of the lamp, waiting for my order. Now my rendezvous with Google is no longer confined to the search tool. Orkut, Blogger occupy part of my day. They have become some of the few things without which my day doesn't end. No wonder the Google shares demand such a high value...

Some facts:

  • Google was named after the word googol which means a number 10 raised to the power 100
  • GEarth, You Tube, Blogger are not from Google's Lab. They are the results of the Google massive acquisitions.
  • All Google products are Blue in Colour ( by default)

If you can get your hands on this book The Google Story by David A.Wise, read that. It makes a good reading...


No comments: