Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jaane Tu...

I am too lethargic today and not at all in a mood to work...I thought why not write something on this movie which I saw last week..

Film verdict first-I think I can give 3 popcorn's to this one.

I always like a movie which is centered around some group of friends. Be it Happy Days, DCH or Janne tu for that matter. There's lot of nostalgia when I see such movies. I know I am little sappy, but I cant help. My Engg 4 years were the glorious years of my life...

Coming to the Jaane tu.. I tried to reflect every scene of the movie with my days in college but with some tweakings. Like in the movie, people in our group had their own nicknames although they were not official..Our group is an odd numbered one and this is even. ha ha probably director didn't want to mess up things my leaving one guy/gal...We know the odd number probs..Trikies on one bike or else singles on the other or the worst thing, pack everyone in a car and lots more...Like in the movie, they were moments where people felt green and empty in the absence of the others..

The songs were pretty cool...Rehman rocks...Everyone liked Kabhi Kabhi but Kahin tho and Nazrein Milaana Nazrein Churaana are equally good especially if you listen carefully to the lyrics...For me Kahin tho takes the cake..

The climax was horrible and you can feel like the old wine put in even older bottle...Other than that I think it was a decent job by the debutant's...

The bottom line: A boy and a girl can never be best friends unless they are tied by a rakhi bond or engaged..Let me see if the noname13.c can disagree with this...

5 comments:

Gautam said...

well, well... what can I say? I both agree and disagree to what u've written.. you probably know why :)

p.s.- i somehow feel that the kabhi kabhi song is lifted from the bommarilu song apudo ipudo.. the tune is similar although the music is different..

Girish said...

I strongly agree...I see no reason to disagree:)..

Come on gau the tune doesnt resemble to the DSP's tune..Dnt be so crictical...:P

NIHA said...

hmm...those were wonderful times...but i don't totally agree with u giri :)
I feel a girl and a guy can always be best of friends..u can see a lot of such examples around u...it just depends on how u perceive things :)

Anonymous said...

I totally disagree to your funda of a girl and a guy not being friends..but yeah to each his own, not in our group probably bt then lotts outside..i guess its how one looks at things :P

Girish said...

Yeah may be I locked myself in a narrow band... didnt come across someone who are perfect best friends..mind my italics:)