Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Ghosts of Silence..

Damn....Its already two weeks that I joined this company and I still didn't make any friends...I am not to be blamed..The place is like that..People here seldom speak and are very stolid. I don't know whether its the multiculturalism or the language barrier that's making it difficult to break the ice...I share the compartment with two Chinese (Mr Kwok ,Mrs Mo), a Vietnamese(Mr.Quoc),and a Japanese(Mr Tan). Ha ha at least I managed to master their names..

There is absolutely no gabfest making my whole day never ending. Probably I should understand that these people are doing the damn research and the work they do demands the so called silence. The only sound or rather I should say rattle that fills the room is the sound of the mouse clicks and keyboard presses. Often my vocal chords have the urge to vibrate but are subdued for the fear of limelight and aftermath they might create.

Next month we will be moving to a new location and I am not sure whether I will be lost in the bigger campus or will I get the chance to meet new people to make friends....Till then I have to hold the horse and hope for the better or prepare for the worse..Only time will tell..and btw here is the snapshot of phase A of the fusionopolis where we will be moving in approx 43 days 9hrs 17min 55 sec...

No comments: