Tuesday, July 7, 2009

For the 15th time.



One more Wimbledon passed by and the result, the same, Roger Federer claiming his 6th title at the lush meadows with one difference. This time he had to sweat it out to claim back his lost prized possession thanks to some unbelievable tennis by A-Rod.


Keeping in mind the previous encounters between the two I wanted Andy to win the semis against Murray hoping that the finals would be a walk in the park for the Swiss to become an undisputed emperor in the game of tennis. Always felt that Roddick doesnt have a cat in hell's chance to lift a Grandslam. Not in Fed's era. But there was very little that matched to my thought.


Andy shots equally matched Roger's if not more. I must say my heart missed beats at the break points in the fifth set. And the fifth set was long enough to be a women’s entire match. All I can do is feel sorry for Andy for being a player who was on the winning side most of the game yet lost it.


He deserved the title for the remarkable change in his game. He conceded just one breakpoint and that was enough to wipe of his wimby dreams. Poor fellow, the shutterbugs didn't even give him time to get the grief out of him. Only thing that came to Fed’s rescue were his Aces. Boy, 50 aces in one match!! And the fact is he is no Karlovic.


Fed continues to prove again and again why he is the THE player. He is my all time champion. Inspired me to hold the racket and swing it. I can now play better than most of my mates if not best. He redefined tennis and success. Back to NO.1 spot. Hope he nevers bites the dust. Hail the Emperor. Vamos Federer...


No comments: