Thursday, June 25, 2009

Assault on the eardrums…

Why do I no longer get goose-flesh when I am hearing to the songs of the current generation movies? Let’s say you just heard songs from a newly released movie. What is the probability that you will be wanting to hear the same album (or at least 50% of the total songs) after a month? Am I too harsh? OK lets say two months. And Oh yes I almost forgot to mention. Be meticulous and bother to correct your answer up to three decimal places to make it appear as big as possible. The odds in favour of taking a stroll on the moon are more than listening to those songs…aargh!!


Crass is what I can say. Where have all the musicians gone? Except for ARR and S-E-L. Who has given them the rights to assault our eardrums? Where are the likes of maestro Illayaraja and Burman? I feel saddened at the plight of the Gen X songs. These songs are nothing but cacophonous, reverberating in your ears, resonating with not one but zillion frequencies making it everything but music. A pure aberration. Let’s not even go near to the movie content.


And the consequences..you abandon your MP3 player or flush out the memory more often, thanks to the flash memory. Blessed is me living in the age of zeros and ones else I would have been double assaulted with tapes.


Ditch the drums for tabla. Replace the electric guitar with sitar. Has the flute become extinct along with dinosaurs? If this is the music custom made for the Gen X, sorry I want the legends to get back to their work. Let the Phoenix rise from the ashes…


I feel flustered and flushed.


G

No comments: