Monday, June 8, 2009

RF lifts RG!!

Of late this space has been deserted;reasons being nothing 'blog-writeup' happening in yours truly daily life. Even if something creeps out of blue I kept myself saying "Dude wheres the time to think let alone to write!" Yeah the age old excuse. I am glad I am busy. OK that is all about myself. Now lets rant about The Emperor.

Gosh...You would have been in Mars if you haven't seen the above picture. How special was it and will it be..I am in a state beyond Euphoria. The much awaited Roland Garros and the 14th slam getting at the same time and more importantly expanding the 'coveted league' to SIX.


It was the least interesting finals I have even seen with Fed butchering Soderling. Can't blame him. Fed was too hungry (for the trophy) to be tamed. It would have been a eye treat to see Fed taming Rafa at the Garros. I love to watch the scenes of Federer burying his face in his palm. I smell victory in his tears.

And coming to the question where you see in almost all the dailies these days " Is Roger the greatest tennis player ever?" Comparing eras would be the most foolish thing. Rod, Sampras, Becker, Bjorn,Sampras were all greats in their own eras. I haven't had chance to witness their games. But to me, in this era Federer in THE Emperor. He redefined tennis with his amazing fitness and breathtaking game. I will be surprised if Rafa wouldn't be the 7th player after Federer in a year or two, if not this year. All he requires is one damn US open.

Kudos Roger...

No comments: