Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pet Name..

I was thinking about something and suddenly this flashed in my mind. Whats my pet name? What does a pet name mean? Does it mean truncating your name or totally a new name which has no head and tail resemblance to your good name? In that case do I have a pet name? Several questions flashed in my mind and I was trying to recollect all the pet names I had before. And then one more question arose? Are all the names of the person apart from the given name called pet names?

Pet name is a reminder that life is not always so serious, so formal and complicated.And that, one is not the same to all people. People who can dare( read showing affection) to call a person by their PN's(pet names) are few and that not everyone can have the right to speech in this regard. Some PN's doesn't even have a proper meaning and aspirations but yet the mere utterance of the word makes the caller soo special and is given extra access to their lives.

But going by a PN in public feels so terribly strange and embarrassing ( this doesn't apply to all I guess.depends on the name). For PN's are meant to be confined within the folks. They cannot appear on the Birth certis, Degree records and in the employment records...

I am always wanting to have a nice PN for myself. I was given many but none of them really appealed me. But ultimately I have to accede on a name to form a taxonomy of the people around me. That's life...compromising on all things..and this led to the cropping of my name...the name, I am known to all my folks.My favourite PN goes by the name of this blog...

No comments: