Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sgcares

Of late I have been associated with the philanthropic organisation called Sgcares. Every time I associate myself with new events I feel there is so much people can do for the less fortunate people. The feeling of giving back to the society was not the only criteria which influenced me in taking up the activities. But some events are really an eye opener and they are the things which keeps you reminding how little yet significant role you can be in the development of some other person.

I had the chance to teach in the yesterdays activity. I taught before and I have no qualms in saying that I prefer teaching intelligent students to less intelligent ones. The students didn't seem interested and I being very tired didn't give any thought for the next one hour. I just wanted to give my level best without expecting anything from this student. What surprised me is how quick she is in understanding and how interested is she in learning. The moment I started teaching I knew given proper schooling facilities she can be extremely successful. And for the next one hour it didn't matter how noisy my surroundings were. Only thing that mattered is how much I can cover in that period. The session wasn't long enough in terms of time but it did provide a meaningful experience. Somethings are just meant to be experienced.

No comments: