Monday, May 23, 2011

PassionRun 25Km

My finishing timing in the marathons is going from bad to worse as years are passing by. The reason is because of the inadequate training. The first time I ran I practised rigorously sticking to the schedule without any breaks. Rain or shine my run would not be missed. But during the subsequent marathons I was busy and could not make any schedule and practice runs. And the result: awful finishing times.

This is the longest run I participated so far. 25Km. The tract is flat not having the flyovers like the Singapore marathon. In spite of that I could not finish within the target time. I finished in around 2H: 55M. I didn't train much for this event. But I wanted to finish in 2H: 30M which was reasonable target for my preparation. Everything was on target till I reached the 17km run. The inadequate training had its affect. Cramps started to develop similar to the one I had in SCSM in 2010. But because of the prior experience I some how managed this time and reached the finishing line.

The moral of the story: Train hard if you have some unrealistic target

No comments: