Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire-'The Underdog'

Ok well people who are exposing the dirty underbelly of my country are getting recognized like never before. Earlier it was Arvind Adiga( here) and now its the Danny Boyle...To hell with everyone who exploit my country..Sheesh..

Frankly I didn't like the movie. I felt it to be cliched. I  feel it doesn't deserve The Golden awards. Even for the Rahman category. Again my voice of concern arises similar to the one I said when I finished The White Tiger. What the hell will the world think about India...

These( read The ghettos)are the darkest corners of the country and these people portray as if the entire country is like this. And as if this is not sufficient when the cop beats up the guy in the movie he says this is the what the 'real India' is!!What the fish!! On one side Govt trying to promote the country saying Incredible one( read Incredible India) and on the other side you demote the same one-A double whammy.

I totally agree with what AB said in his blog. I also nod in agreement to the voices saying this is the reality and we should accept. But tell me one thing.What good are you doing by exposing this fact. Does this movie change the image and lives of the Daravi..Nope..They don't even get the chance to see about their lives..and does this dent the image of India...Inevitably....The repercussions cannot reflect back..

No comments: