Friday, November 7, 2008

So what's the feeling of getting your 1st Job..?

Before I begin this post I would like to congratulate G for bagging a job:) ..

OK first things first.. Actually this is not my first job offer. So when I got my first job back in undergrad I was above the ground level. Bagging a job in campus placements is not a big deal in India, at least in those times and in my college. Every Tom, Dick and Harry used to get it. But still that day was special.

May be because my peers were placed before me and I finally got rid of the regular dose of sympathies from my fellow mates, an unprecedented euphoria engulfed me on that day.  

Next day my face screamed thousand words telling my fellow mates " I too joined the bandwagon" :) .The feeling of you joining the corporate world is abysmal and unbounded. It took some days for the feeling to sink in. 

Now after 2 years down the line here I am , in a new place, a new company, new profile and also the new definition of joy. This joy definetely has some phase lag with the old one.

Of course, I am very much elated for the job I got.. But this feeling has a bottom, didn't reach the acme and definetely circumscribed. Something makes me ponder why this joy is miles away from my undergrad one. May be first is always first..Still searching for the answers....

G

No comments: