Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Incredible India 2011

Super busy. Two words in which I can describe my India trip. It may seem long considering I was there for almost 3 weeks and most guys would say it is more than enough. Well a trip to India is never long. You always end up feeling less satisfied and having some tasks unaccomplished. There is always some emptiness that envelopes you after the trip and the feeling of back to normalcy (boredom, routine whatever). You keep telling yourselves that everything is ok and this is how it is supposed to be. You are glad that everything is back in place now. But in the end you know your lying and cheating yourselves. Finally you feel you won but you find yourself standing at the loosing side. Well something’s don’t change.

Most of my days were spent with my family and relatives. We visited record number of holy places. This is the first time I visited so many places at a go. Shirdi, Kanipakam,Sripuram, Tirupathi, Alivelu Mangapuram and Kalahasti in that order. Normally I would have been bowled over by this time but thank fully the company was good enough to survive. Sripuram deserves a special mention. It not about the gold plating but about the way the temple is managed. The surroundings were impeccable to say the least. I didn't occur to me that a holy place can be as clean as a resort. Shirdi and Tirupathi are far behind in comparison with this temple. Shirdi in particular is facing the effects of commercialization.

Each time I visit my relatives I feel I still don’t know a lot about them. Every time I spend time with them I end up knowing something new. These relations sometimes get thorny but in the end I am left will loads of memories to cherish. It would have been more enjoyable had all my relatives been there. Sure enough next time all of them will (must) be there but I doubt there will be enough time for all these. But that would altogether be a new experience. One thing is for sure. I started appreciating these relationships.

Hyderabad is changing a lot. Plenty of new malls (includes S. India’s biggest mall) and lots of new places to hang out. Ambiance of some restaurants kept me wondering where I am in. Met most of my friends back in Hyderabad. Some are busy, some are trying to be busy and some are pretending to be not busy. Also priorities change over time and one should only expect the least. All is well.

No comments: